Saturday, April 18, 2015

♡ Local Comic Con 2015 + Comic, Studio Ghibli Haul! ♡


Hi lovelies~!
So about a week ago I went for a comicon in my area and to my surprise it was a little more extravagant considering it wasn't NYCC or SanFranCC. Either way I had tons of fun and really let out my superhero geek side out aha! I went with two of my friends and we spent a total of 2/3 days at the convention.


I also made a debut as my beloved Kuroneko (finally) and I was soooo happy that quite a few people recognized who i was, despite most attendees of the con being comic book fans and very few anime fans.



I got this lovely dress from here! (Get discount by using the code "misumipyon" for 10% off and free jewelry!).


♡ Cosplay Rundown: 

Wig - Uniqso.com
Cat ears headband - UlzzangCultureShop


Seflie! Unfortunately I didn't get any full length shots of my cosplay but no worries, I'm planning a photoshoot with a friend of mine!



Also can i just say my eyebrows were on fleek!


♡ Cosplayers! ♡

I run into quite a few great cosplays and they all looked superb!



A wild Deadpool appeared! (They were everywhereeee aha!).
I couldt resist getting a photo of the Joker, he is one of my face villains together with Harlequin!


This Gandalf was one of the best cosplays I had seen at the con because it was so well put together, and of course he won a prize too!

                                                                     Her facebook!

This gorgeous Black Widow cosplayer came up to me after the cosplay contest while I was wondering the dealers room and she was so sweet and complemented my cosplay.

She told me that when she first thing that came to her was "she must enter the cosplay contest!" and I did so she told me how happy she was for me to have won a prize and it was really nice getting a chance to talk to her. Check out here facebook page here

There was also a really good league of Legends cosplays on stilts bouncing around the convention, I forget the name of the character they were cosplaying as but it must not have been easy to walk around all day on stilts.


I got a selfie with one of the judges and hosts at the cosplay contest and star trek panel. His a famous producer and actor within the star trek community and it was really awesome getting to meet and receive a prize from him!


♡ Haul! ♡

I stumbled upon a huge comicbook seller at the dealers room and I was more than pleased to know that their X-Men collection was the biggest compared to all the other comics they had for sale. Of course I rummaged through it (gently of course) and found these precious jewels among them. 

🌹 Comic con haul from over the weekend! I couldn’t help but get new X-men comics and I finally have my own little Totoro!♡ im really pleased with everything i bought, i had a great time and i even won a prize for one of my cosplays 😙! 🌹

Most of them were from the "X-men Apocalypse" series, I gotta do some studying before the next movie comes out right? I also got some new Witchblade comics which I haven't read since I was very very young, so it was really pleasant to immerse myself in the world of comics once again.

I also bought my first Studio Ghibli merchandise which was a mini Totoro who is super squishy and soft, two Chopper (from One Piece) key-chain for my friends who love him and then there's the trophy I won at the cosplay contest!




Thank you all so much for reading I hope you enjoyed this post! As a;always, if you see yourself or someone you know among the cosplayers, do let me know so I can source them and give them some credit!



Follow me on:


  Twitter / Tumblr / Instagram / Facebook / Youtube 


2 comments: