Thursday, March 12, 2015

♡ Anime Figure Unboxing: Shironeko with a smile! ♡



Hi  everyone!
I haven't posted in a while and I'm so sorry! (I've been so busy with school and what not! But I'm more active on my tumblrtwitter and instagram though!).

Anyways I bought a Kuroneko figurine a while ago, and decided to finally unbox her and record the event! As you may already know, Kuroneko (from Oreimo)  is one of my favorite anime characters and waifus! I took some photos and even recorded a video, which is still in the midst of being edited! it will be up on my youtube by this coming weekend! I made a myfigurecollection account too, you can follow me on there as I continue to update it with my growing figure collection adventures.

Onto the unboxing! Here she is; 

Shironeko With A Smile!

(Click images to enlarge)


Figure Facts:
Character: Gouko Ruri aka Kuroneko
Anime: Oreimo & Oreimo season 2
Maker: Sega prizes
Size: 14.4 x 13.3 x 26.5 cm


I spotted this figure at Otakon 2014 last summer, and didn't even hesitate to buy her among other figures! I had already been wanting to begin a figure collection of my favorite characters previously, and I saw this as an opportunity I couldn't pass!
The box was pretty simple but I love pink so it isn't to bland!

 

Here she is pre-opened from her box!

( These two pictures were taken in natural / sunlit room, where as the rest were taken in unnatural lighting. )

She is a game prize figure from Sega, and is a model of Kuroneko from season 2 when she was first shown out of cosplay and in 'innocent normal clothing. I really like Kuronekos personality and it was nice to see a transition in her characters appearance. 

 


I really love the colors on her dress! And her hat is an adorable touch to the entire outfit as well as to the colour scheme!
Her skin tone is a little yellowed for this figure in contrast to her other figures where she is very pale. Perhaps the painters where attempting to make it look like she was truly in the middle of summer? If so- it works!

Close Ups:


I really adore this figure and how simply beautiful she is. She is actually one of the tallest and heaviest figures I own, yet looks the kindest of them all- it's just a little ironic! Her facial expressions is very sweet but her smile is slightly derpy. However I can overlook that because her stance is so unique and is very innocent and carefree. Her case is very basic but it doesn't look horrible, nor does it stand out 
taking away attention from the figure itself.




My rating on her appearance:
Face: 4/5
Colour pallet: 5/5
Stance: 5/5
Base: 4/5

Anyways, I hope my figure collection will continue to grow steadily as I grow to like more anime/game characters, or even admire current faves even more. Of course I have some figures on my wish list and I have already placed some orders aha! Can't wait to unbox more figures~ At the moment I own 10 figures! Most of whom are already on my display shelf. Of course I'll make separate posts about them as well
I do hope to have my unboxing video up by this Thursday on my youtube, look forward!

Thank you so much for reading!
 I hope you enjoyed this post and are looking forward to more! New posts every 2-4 days!

Follow me on:

  Twitter / Tumblr / Instagram / Facebook / Youtube 


2 comments:

  1. Good job, but just for future reference game prize figures don't have scales! This figure isn't 1/8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Thanks Bri! Yeah I knew game prizes don't have sales but since she was close in height to a 1/8 figure i have and didn't measure her, i figured that was the best way to go.

      Delete